Since October 2021, I am a Severo Ochoa postdoc at the Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas (ICMAT) in Madrid.
Before that, I was a postdoc at the ENS de Lyon, under the supervision of Adrien Le Boudec.
I completed my PhD at the University of Geneva, under the direction of Tatiana Nagnibeda.
I work mainly in geometric group theory.
I am very interested in growth in finitely generated groups, and particularly in groups of intermediate growth.
I am also very interested in self-similar groups, groups generated by automata, branch groups and other groups with interesting actions on topological spaces.
Particularly, I strive to establish connections between algebraic or geometric properties of these groups and properties of their actions.
Since Spring 2022, I am the co-organizer of the Group Theory Seminar of the ICMAT, along with Leo Margolis.
- On quasi-2-transitive actions of branch groups (arXiv)
- Subgroup induction property for branch groups (arXiv)
(with P.-H. Leemann)
Published and accepted papers
- Bireversible automata generating lamplighter groups (arXiv)
To appear in Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society.
- Maximal subgroups of non-torsion Grigorchuk-Gupta-Sidki groups (journal) (arXiv)
(with A. Thillaisundaram) Canadian Mathematical Bulletin, 2022, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 825--844.
- Normal subgroups of finitely generated branch groups are finitely generated (journal) (arXiv)
Appendix to CAPRACE, Pierre-Emmanuel et LE BOUDEC, Adrien. Commensurated subgroups and micro-supported actions.
Journal of the European Mathematical Society, 2022.
- On the Orbits of Automaton Semigroups and Groups (journal) (arXiv)
(with D. D'Angeli, E. Rodaro and J.P. Wächter) Algebra and Discrete Mathematics, 2022, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1--29.
- On the stabilisers of points in groups with micro-supported actions (journal) (arXiv)
Journal of Group Theory, 2021, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 533-547.
- On the existence of free subsemigroups in reversible automata semigroups (journal) (arXiv)
(with I. Mitrofanov) Groups, Geometry, Dynamics, 2021, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1103-1132.
- Einstein tori and crooked surfaces (journal) (arXiv)
(with J.-P. Burelle, V. Charette and W. Goldman) Advances in Geometry, 2021, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 237-250.
- On maximal subgroups of infinite index in branch and weakly branch groups (journal) (arXiv)
Journal of Algebra, 2020, vol. 560, p. 818-851.
- Infinite automaton semigroups and groups have infinite orbits (journal) (arXiv)
(with D. D'Angeli, E. Rodaro and J.P. Wächter) Journal of Algebra, 2020, vol. 553, pp. 119-137.
- On the subexponential growth of groups acting on rooted trees (journal) (arXiv)
Groups, Geometry and Dynamics, 2020, vol. 14, pp. 1-24.
- Foliations between crooked planes in Minkowski 3-space (journal) (arXiv)
(with J.-P. Burelle) Internat. J. Math., 2019, vol. 30, no. 1.
- Maximal subgroups of groups of intermediate growth (journal) (arXiv)
(with A. Garrido) Advances in Mathematics, 2018, vol. 340, pp. 1067-1107.
- Fundamental domains in the Einstein Universe (journal) (arXiv)
(with V. Charette and R. Lareau-Dussault) Topology and its Applications, 2014, vol. 174, pp. 62-80.